Night Out—City Place
How do I get there?
Shuttles begin leaving at 6:00 PM from the Hilton Airport Hotel. The shuttles will be running back-and-forth from the Hilton Airport Hotel to CityPlace until everyone is transported. If you show up late, make sure you are added to the shuttle list.
Where do I have dinner?
You can eat dinner wherever you would like; however, for your convenience, Rego has made reservations at the following restaurants:[list type=”icon-arrow”]
- BB King’s Blues Club—Upper level Building J on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave.
- Cheesecake Factory—Lower Level Building D on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave.
- Tequila Cowboy Bar & Grill—Lower Level Building J on the corner of Gardenia and S. Rosemary Ave.
- Deck’s Fish Market—Upper level Building E on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave.
- Mojito Latin Cuisine & Bar—Upper level Building E on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave.
- Saito’s Japanese Steakhouse—Upper level Building E on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave.
Where is the after party?
The after party will begin around 8:30 PM and go until 11:00 PM at BB King’s Blues Club located on the Upper level Building J on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave. Attendees of the conference will receive a buy-one-get-one drink voucher. There will be signs to show you where to go. If you can’t find the signs, please see one of the hostesses and tell them that you are with Rego University and they will point you where to go.
How do I get back to the hotel?
The pick-up and drop-off location for the buses will be at the Harriet Himmel Theater. The Harriet Himmel Theater, Building F, is located on the corner of Hibiscus and S. Rosemary Ave. The shuttle will pick up every half hour on the :00 and the :30 and will run until midnight.(561) 684-9400 to let them know you need shuttle transportation and for them to direct you to the correct pickup point for your terminal. Shuttles leave the Hilton on the hour and on the half hour and take about 10 minutes to arrive at the airport.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”What should I wear?”]Dress is business casual—be comfortable. The Hilton has a nice pool area, so you may want to bring some ‘hangout’ clothes too.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”Will there be any social events?”]Rego will host a welcome reception Sunday, Feb. 23rd, 6 to 9pm. Hoers d’oeuvres will be served. Make sure you come by to meet your fellow Rego University attendees. Monday night, Feb 24th, there will be an outdoor buffet dinner hosted by CA for all attendees. Tuesday, Feb 25th, we will all be going to CityPlace (www.cityplace.com), with Rego providing shuttle transportation to and from the Hilton throughout the night. Activities and restaurants will be on your own, but Rego has made large reservations at several restaurants so you can go as a group and be seated immediately. BB King’s is also opening their club just for Rego University and will have a live band for us to party into the night before heading back to sleep and recover.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”What does the agenda look like?”]Please see the agenda at http://regou.regoconsulting.com/agenda/ for the most up to date agenda and room assignments. We have made the site idealized for smartphones. At the conference, you should be able to easily navigate the Agenda tab on your phone. In general, breakfast is available at 7:30am in the conference area, with sessions starting at 8:30am. Rego University concludes with lunch by the pool on Wednesday, Feb 26th.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”Do I need to bring or prepare anything? Do I need a laptop?”]We welcome and encourage participation! We want to hear your ideas, your challenges, and your experiences. This is an interactive event. Bring business cards to make new friends and networks. For those attending our technical track, please bring your laptop with access to your systems, making sure you have database tools, BO/ WEBI installed, etc. so you can participate fully in the exercises.[/accordion_toggle] [/accordion]
Technical Needs and Access
+ 32bit Java (JDK is required for SQL Developer. JVM may work but JDK is safer.)
– Windows x86 – jdk-6u45-windows-i586.exe
+ 32bit Oracle Client
– Oracle Database 11g Release 2 Client (126.96.36.199.0) for Microsoft Windows (32-bit) – win32_11gR2_client.zip[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”For Specific Classes”]
+ Crystal Editor
– Downloadable from CA’s website in the ‘downloads’ section. If the download is not available, a ticket must be opened to have CA provision it.
– Rego staff will have copies of this on hand to give out to those who need it.
+ Business Object Client Tools
– This is on the BO DVD that you can download from CA’s support website. The full DVD is a very large download though
– Alternatively, Rego has extracted just the Client Tools portion (831MB), and made it available to download via this link: http://we.tl/ZxArABBbpq
– Internet Explorer (except version 10)
– Java 6 (Java 7 cannot be installed)
– Xcelsius Enterprise 5.5. The software can be downloaded from the site http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-25513
– The pre-requisite to install Xcelsius is to have MS Office – 2007 at least, but 2010 is best.[/accordion_toggle] [accordion_toggle title=”Helpful downloads, but not required.”]
+ Oracle SQL Developer (for query writing and testing) for Oracle databases:
+ SQL Server Management Studio (for query writing and testing) for SQL Server databases:
– http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=7593[/accordion_toggle] [/accordion]